Sunday, September 7, 2008

Some interesting thoughts.

Something that just came across my mind. You know, this life, I strive to help others as much as I can, regardless of in hope of being helped when in need or in hope of nothing in return, only now do I realize that not everyone actually want help. I mean, it's not just one, two, or three people gave me this impression... but only now do I truly reflect upon this point. Even though many people love to help other (dozen names leap to mind), when others do not want help but feel embarrassed to turn those down, that's when a peculiar situation is born and things gets ugly.

Some refuse because for fear losing face(I confess I am one), some refuse for fear of later proclamation of favor in return later on (like how the Godfather plays it), and there are others who have this very strong desire for personal independence (eg. my little sis. Who wouldn't even let me buy her bd gift haha)... Regardless of the reasons, the consequence is the same. Now I see this and realize, it's not a big deal to be selfish, people actually PRESUME you to be and don't want your help... even if you are not. Hence, why not? I mean... What's the point of actively trying to help others why they don't need your help? Apathy seems to be the ideas others are promoting around here (or maybe just Canadians are too nice to ask for help?) .... Anyway, I guess sometimes, to be un-abstemeously good is actually a pretty bad thing. Good deed always come back to hunt you in the end, just like my 1st year philosophy prof said.

Anyway, from now on, I really should mind my own business more and handle my side of things well before I even think about anything else. It's not the first time I have been labelled NOSY. Sigh... it's life, no? hahahaha.

Physical manefestation of me:
Bravo to the expert artist who rendered this piece of nice painting of me. haha.
http://oliverkurth.blogspot.com/2007/03/el-noserito.html



No comments: