Wednesday, August 6, 2008

iPhone rant

WHAT the ****** * * * * * ***** ******** is up with iPhone 3G firmware? I can't believe how much Apple messed up this time.

The 2.0.1 bricked quite a few phones and got them stuck in endless Apple logo to restore mode loop cycle and the iTune error gives ever better explainations: UNKNOWN ERROR with -6... WOW... that's impressive. Guess Apple can't handle all the 3rd party apps that was not designed by apple and bit the dust. So I had to use ANOTHER computer to get the firmware 2.0.1 on there (and that's after like 4 tries...). Once it was on there finally, I left it on the iTune on my main computer to get recovery and when I woke up this morning, I was glad it restored almost all my applications but no music or songs whatsoever. When I connect it to the iTune, I only have the choice of SETTING UP A NEW PHONE or RESTORE FROM BACKUP, What the...........

At that moment, I was really pissed. I mean, is it really hard to just WORK? I mean... it's APPLE... they are the king in UI and easy user interaction. COME ON... step up to the reputation and make this process a bit EASIER will ya? Jeesh.

As if the bricking wasn't scary enough. The only thing I am glad is that at least they make backup of all datas before do anything fun.

just so sloooooooooooooooow..............

Now, I left my phone at home and it has been like 2.5 hours into restoring... and stillbarely 50% yet... make me fear that I might have truly bricked it this time............. sigh. CURSE YOU, 2.0.1...!


No comments: