Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Entries that was long overdue

... so many small things has happened so this will be very disorganized.
 
back up and data loss...
I hate it when this happened. My coworker was in the lab the other day and asked to borrow my HDD and they backed up one of its bay onto the desktop. However, the problem is that because I have to reorganize what was on that computer and deleted that account and the desktop folder was annilated as well... depressing. it didn't do much harm though as most of my really important stuff was actually in bay two. but it was a close call. it bay two had been knocked out, then I would have lost most of my uviversity there. A cautious word to the wise: never back up to the desktop and always remember where you backed up to.
 
StarCraft memento...
I was never good at it nor a huge fan of it. The fear of the darkness and the unknown was the main reason that I prefer the C&C series. However, for old times sake, I played it again these days. I was glad I was able to coordinate everything well and think from a global perspective... something that I was not able to do from the past. It feels good to learn from old toys. :D
 
Life's fair...
I always thought life is very fair...however, I was only deceiving myself... the fact is that life was and is never fair. I always believed that there is something out there to uphold justice, right, maybe it was fate. To all those people around me, I tried to give more than how much I receive because I anticipate their aids when I need their help eventually... however, world never works like that.
 
It was my own fault to even expect returns. The old sayings warned me against anticipating returns for a favor, they suggested not doing favors for that reason and should only do good for others based on our pure selfless intentions and willingness to help just like many religions professed.
 
I have to say that they were quite right... but for a different reason. The old sayings actully has more connotation to it and more pragmatic perspectiveo behind it. The real reason is that people are inherently selfish and simply don't give a damn about others, period. Sometimes, it's just how the world works. Of course, there are exceptions: close friends and relationship does make people less selfish but it will never change the inherent selfish nature of mankind. You will be greatly disappointed if you do have ANY expectations of anyone really, not mentioning when you are desperate and when you life depends on them. I see I should listen to the old words way more often: do the good deed for the sake of it, not for the expected friendly help I might receive.
 
I am happy I am learning this early because, from this point forward, the my strategy to everyone changes. I will be blunt and be a badass who doesn't give a damn. From this point onward, I fight for my own too and it's an allout free for all war.
 
 

No comments: